First, The Innova Room completed a study of workplace trends in order to identify what trending elements of current work spaces could be incorporated into the corporate culture of the client. Then, a study of the new implementation was carried out, in order to distribute the space according to the client’s needs, and the first furniture proposal was created.
The Innova Room followed an integrated Project Management Plan throughout the design process, hiring, and implementation, acting as a representative of the client to suppliers and technical teams. The Innova Room assisted with coordinating, auditing the work, and advising the client at all times.
A) Design Management
- Definition of the general implementation and distribution of spaces.
- Definition of the type and distribution of the most adequate furniture for the space.
- Advising on the different options of design and quality, in line with the objective budget of the company.
- Advising on the space ratios per employee, area needed for desired uses of the space, etc.
- Coordination of part of the design process with an external team.
- Structuring of the overall budget in contracting lots, seeking the balance between minimum number of lots for maximum subcontracting savings.
- Selecting the companies to tender the various lots.
- Establishing the objective calendar, and the revision of this calendar throughout the project.
- Establishing the objective budget, and the revision of this budget throughout the project.
B) Management of the Tender
- Preparation of all the necessary documentation for the tender, with quality indications, award conditions, times, forms of payment, etc.
- Management of the bidding competitions, adjustments of the proposals, and negotiations to ensure alignment with the Global Target Budget.
- Preparation of final comparative reports in each lot, presentation of conclusions and advice for the award.
C) Execution Management
- General supervision of the execution of the work, management of any changes and resolution of any incidences.
- Control of deadlines regarding development of the project, the path to completion, and the final deadline.
- Economic control over the invoicing, revision and approval of each bill from suppliers. Periodic report of the evolution of the target budget, current estimated budget and completion forecast. Management and negotiation of possible deviations, or compensatory adjustments.
- Document management: collection of as-built documentation: drawings, warranties, product receipts, supplier contact for after-sales service, etc.
The implementation exactly fulfilled the objective calendar, producing a high-quality result at a cost that fell within the initially-determined budget. A slight surplus was generated, which was intended for several additional improvements and extra elements on the initial project.
Image Sources: The Innova Room