2021, Seville (Spain)
5-star Hotel, 89 rooms, LEED Gold sustainability certificate
Radisson Collection Hotel, Magdalena Plaza Sevilla is located in the heart of the city, in one of its most emblematic squares and few minutes from the Cathedral.
In 2019, Millenium Hotels Real Estate (MHRE) acquired the buildings and signed an agreement with the international brand Radisson Hotel Group for the operation of the luxury hotel. MHRE is specialized in the investment and development of value-added hotel projects through repositioning.
Radisson Collection brand, whose motto is “Welcome to the Exceptional”, is focused to those who value a high-end, vibrant lifestyle. The Seville hotel is the first of this brand in Spain. Gastronomy is core in this proposal, with Eneko Basque leading it.
How We Did It
Radisson Hotels hired THE INNOVA ROOM to manage the project from Concept Design until the opening, representing the brand before third parties and ensuring compliance with its world-class standards. THE INNOVA ROOM has senior professionals, specialized in project management in Hospitality, and with a strong international orientation. The following functions were performed in this assignment:
- Senior Advisory and Client Representation.
- Architecture and Design supervision.
- Supervision of compliance with corporate standards.
- Project Management.
A) Senior Advisory and Client Representation
Within these responsibilities, the Property design team was advised on operational, functional and hotel design parameters, thanks to THE INNOVA ROOM’s experience in this field.
Likewise, we acted on behalf of Radisson brand before third parties, defending its interests and joining visions among all stakeholders to achieve a successful product.
B) Architecture and Design supervision
In each phase of the project, the development of architecture and design was supervised, along the following general phases:
- Schematic Design
- Concept Design
- Mock-up room
- Final Design
- Pre-Opening and Handover
Both in the review of projects and in site visits, a non-stop work of control and support in the execution was carried out. The global hotel project included the coordination of various projects related to the following areas:
- Architecture: distribution of spaces, program of uses, materials, construction solutions, facades, etc.
- Interior Design and FF&E: equipment, furniture and decoration.
- Mock-Up Room (MUR ): supervision of the design and execution, as well as variations on it and alternatives following the tender process.
- Engineering: coordination of the technical engineering team.
- Operations: coordination with the Operations Department to define everything related to the future business and its operation (in-house and outsourced services, service areas, program of uses and spaces, etc.).
- Food and Beverages (F&B): restaurants, bars, kitchens and auxiliary service areas. The hotel has 4 F&B outlets, and they all offer a gastronomic experience at the highest level.
- Marketing: exterior and interior signage, brand presence and support to promotion.
C) Supervision of compliance with corporate standards
Radisson Hotels has the highest design standards to offer an exceptional experience to its clients. Throughout the process, an exhaustive review and control work has been carried out to comply with these corporate standards, and even to implement innovations which were under development.
D) Project Management
The following functions were part of the Project Management role for the development of this hotel until the opening:
- Control and coordination of general planning and key milestones.
- Supervision of the process of obtaining the licenses (by the Owner).
- Quality control in execution and implementation.
- Coordination of the team of Radisson experts in the various functional areas (Engineering and Design, Operations, Food and Beverage, Marketing, etc.), and integration with the team of experts on the Property side.
- Preparation of Project Monitoring and progress reports (Follow Up Reports). Regular follow-up meetings with all parties.
- Preparation of the Mock-Up Room Report, and other specific reports for each type of room (Room Reports).
- Change management and negotiation of alternative solutions.
- General documentation of the process: project supervision and version management.
- Definition and design of the optimal Room Mix for this product, in coordination with Revenue and Operations Directors.
- Final review (Snagging Report) and management of the Handover documentation.
After a complex construction process for the complete rehabilitation and change of use of the buildings, the hotel opened its doors in June 2021. Even with the adverse situation caused by Covid, all business forecasts have been exceeded since then.
It is currently one of the most relevant hotels in the city in the luxury-lifestyle segment, and has received awards such as:
- Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2022: the best new hotels in Spain and Portugal.
- Marie Claire Top Hotels 2022: twelve charming hotels to travel to in 2022.
Arqchitecture, Construction Directio and Interior Design: Borgos Pieper
Interior Designr: dAAr Arquitectura
Images source: Radisson Hotels and Eneko Basque